Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fajitas


We made fajitas for dinner Saturday night. It's one of our favorites! Since I'm not much of a chef, I leave the complicated stuff to Michael. I'm more like his sous chef. I chop things, prepare stuff for him to cook. It works well. :)

Fajitas are fairly low in calories and they are packed with good stuff (protein, fiber, etc). However, the guacamole is very high calorie. But avocados are packed with GOOD fat for your heart. So it's ok to splurge once in awhile on the high fat treat.

For the guacamole:
We used 2 medium sized organic avocados. I mashed them up, mixed in a spoonful of light sour cream, minced garlic, ground pepper, and lime juice. Mmm tasty!

For the fajitas:
I chopped orange peppers and a small yellow onion into strips. Michael sauteed them. We used skirt steak for the fajitas. He cut them into long strips of meat and sauteed them as well with some seasoning (Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper and cumin).

It's really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment