Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday's Food


We can always find excuses for NOT EXERCISING. The most common excuse is "I don't have time." The trick is to FIND the time. I woke up this morning at 8am to go to the gym. We had plans with friends today at 11am and I wanted to make sure I got my workout. Did I want to get up at 8am? No. Was I tired and feeling like I'd rather go back to sleep? Yes. I still dragged my butt to the gym. Glad I did too!

Before heading out the door, I had a quick "breakfast". The Atkin's Shakes are really tasty, low calorie AND low sugar! A lot of the shakes out there are super high in sugar and carbs--basically defeating the whole "diet" shake concept. I highly recommend Atkins.
I spent about 40 minutes or so on the stair-master. It's my new favorite machine at the gym. Then I went upstairs and did about 30 minutes of weights and ab work. I burned 630 calories. Woo hoo! For the rest of my breakfast, I ate a toasted English muffin and a handful of granola.

We met up with some friends at the Portland Japanese Gardens. Today was "Free Admission" day and I'd never been. Luckily the weather was decent and we walked around the 5 acres of gardens and enjoyed the day. Afterward, we had a leisurely lunch at Produce Row Cafe (I had a turkey sandwich--even though I really wanted the nachos!).

Tonight, Michael and I are making fajitas (one of his specialties). I will still come out pretty good for today's calories!

Favorite moment of today: Michael noting that he thought I'd lost weight lately!! Awww! :D (And that's why I bought him flowers! The orange carnations.)

Tomorrow's plan: bike ride. Crossing fingers for no rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment