Friday, February 12, 2010

The Mother of All Relays






This is my last post for today. :)

This year I am competing in the Hood To Coast Relay race. It's called The Mother of All Relays! http://www.hoodtocoast.com/

  • 197 miles
  • 12,000 runners
  • 29th Annual Year
  • 3,500 volunteers
  • August 27 & 28, 2010
  • Largest Relay in the World!
  • Fundraise for American Cancer Society
  • From majestic Mt. Hood to beautiful Pacific Ocean in Seaside
I am currently training to participate in this race. The most I've raced is in a 5k. I have an 8k coming up in a month. I will be posting more about my training later. (I poached these photos from the official HTC site. I can't wait to have my own!)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa! Saw your story on RER and came over to check you out! I have a really similar story - lost 102 lbs in a year through healthy eatting (WW for me) and exercise. I signed up for my first race, a 10 miler, not knowing if I could run A mile. I'm sure with all of your swimming endurance and a 5k and an 8k under your belt you are going to ROCK the relay! Congrats on such a great story and I can't wait to keep following along!

    ReplyDelete