Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday's Food Update



Dinner last night was quick and easy. I swam after work and when I got home I was starving!! I made a quick dinner of Annie's Organic Mac & Cheese with steamed green beans. Calories: about 500. I burned 350 swimming.

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal. I added a spoonful of Benefiber, a spoonful of Aria Protein powder, and 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar. The Aria gave the oatmeal a nice vanilla flavor and I can always use more protein! Calories for breakfast: 230. What I love most about oatmeal is that it sticks to your ribs. When I have it for breakfast I am full for most of the morning. TIP: Don't add extra fiber to your diet too fast. Your stomach with thank you. :)

Today's snacks are pictured above. This morning I'm having an orange. I like to slice my fruit because it takes longer to eat it. This afternoon I'm having baby carrots and Trader Joe's Tzatziki dip. Total calories for my snacks: 175.

During lunch I'm going to walk to Whole Foods and peruse their products! (And hopefully pick up some kale so I can try making "green monster shakes"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment