Saturday, February 13, 2010

Workout Food




My breakfast this morning (pre-workout) was a banana with peanut butter on it. Through trial and error I've discovered this is the best combination for pre-run/pre-gym food. It keeps me full for the whole workout, I don't get cramps from too much food, and I don't feel starvings immediately afterward.

I'm trying to drink more water, because that's definitely something I am lacking in. And I also had plain iced tea (no sugar added).

When I got home from the gym, I had chocolate milk for a snack. 100 calories. This may sounds a bit crazy but it's proven to help! http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/superfoods/chocolate-milk-after-workout/ "Downing chocolate milk after a tough workout can help replenish exhausted muscles and significantly aid exercise recovery, new research shows." And it's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment