Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dinner out




Last night we decided to go out to dinner. I chose Portofino in Sellwood http://www.portofinoportland.com/. It's a little Italian joint with really fantastic food and a romantic atmosphere. It was a nice change because we usually eat dinner at home watching TV. Growing up, we always ate at the dinner table as a family. It was only on special occasions (like movie night) where we'd eat in the TV room.

The only drawback to my iphone (besides being ridiculously expensive and pretentious) is that the camera does not have a flash. Boo. Sorry the picture of my food didn't turn out great.

I got the grilled flat iron steak with pesto, Yukon gold au gratin potatoes and grilled broccolini. I'd never had broccolini before and it was really good! The vegetables were not dripping in oil or butter and the food was correct portions. I didn't feel like I'd gorged myself afterward.

I did have a few pieces of the freshly baked bread from Great Harvest. It was soooo wonderful; airy and soft. I didn't use butter or the olive oil.

Michael got the pasta special of the night that looked like a creamy fettuccine with chicken sausage. I had a bite and it was very tasty. I loved Portofino because it was quiet, not busy, and very romantic.

I probably went a little over my calories for the day yesterday but I don't feel discouraged. I had a good run and the protein in the steak was exactly what I was craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment