Friday, March 12, 2010

Out For Lunch and Comfort Foods

I met a friend for lunch today at Jake's Grill in Portland. It's one of my favorite restaurants! They have fantastic seafood there (and the best calamari in town).

I got the shrimp sandwich on a croissant and a cup of clam chowder. It was okay. The shrimp sandwich had too much onion!! Too much! The clam chowder was fantastic though.

I probably had about 700 calories for lunch. That's about double what I usually have for lunch but I skipped my morning snack and I'm pleasantly full (so probably no afternoon snack). I was not tempted with dessert--even though it looked delicious! :)

I recently got a book from the library called "Eating the Moment." I enjoyed reading it. It was short and a quick read (mostly little "food for thought" thoughts). One of my favorite quotes from the book is:

"If food is medicine, overeating is overdosing. [pg 166]"

What is your comfort food? Mine is usually soup and bread. When I'm not feeling great, when the weather is icky, during wintertime, I really want that warm feeling I get eating hot soup. My favorite is tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. When I'm feeling sad or upset, my "go-to comfort food" is dessert.

Tonight I'm going swimming and will definitely be spending a lot of time in the hot tub. I hope that helps loosen me up for Sunday's race. Tomorrow I'll be picking up my race gear! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to work out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss - quite an accomplishment! I like the photos and healthy eating tips you've got on your blog! Good luck at the race!

    ReplyDelete