Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday's Dinner


Dinner last night was exceptionally good! I scored some yummy ravioli from Costco (Spinach and Cheese). Ravioli is one of my favorite dinners because it's yummy and so easy to do. This is crucial since I really dislike cooking. :) We topped the ravioli with a little bit of olive oil, freshly ground pepper and Parmesan cheese.

Dinner Salad consisted of:
Bagged salad and baby spinach mix
Raw cauliflower
Chopped baby carrots
Craisins
Croutons
Robusto Italian dressing--this was a new purchase and I really enjoyed it. Michael liked it as well but said he wouldn't be eating it because it contained soy.

Apparently, soy is bad for men! I had no idea. Men who eat soy products have significantly lower testosterone levels than men who don't. Not good! Soy is OK for women to eat, however, because our bodies do need the estrogen boost. Here is a very interesting article about soy: http://www.healthyfellow.com/310/soy-guide-for-men/

For dessert, I had one Girl Scout cookie (Samoas).

Calories for dinner: about 500.
Calories for dessert: 75.

Costco is a great place to get things that you eat a lot. But it's also a place where you can easily overeat...The raviolis were HUMONGOUS and there are 9 servings in that package. Pay attention to serving sizes when you eat. It's easy to eat more than one serving if you're not paying attention.

Today is supposed to be sunny in Portland. I'm trying to decide if I should run at lunch. We'll see how I feel in a few hours. And I'm not sore from yesterday's bike ride! Progress!

Sunday was a good food day for me. I will be weighing myself and measuring next week. Really not looking forward to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment