Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Hate Rest Days



Yesterday I listened to my body and took a day off. I was feeling rundown and was worried about getting sick so close to my race. Several people in my office are battling a sore throat/cold/sickness too. I immediately drank Emergen-C, had a Zinc lozenge and today I'm drinking Airborne. I will NOT get sick!

Dinner last night was the Costco spinach ravioli with pesto instead of olive oil. The ingredients in Pesto (garlic, basil) are excellent for sore throats. I ate it preemptively! (Sorry the picture didn't turn out great.) I also had a really yummy salad.

Snack today: oranges for Vitamin C!

The Shamrock Run is about 10 days away and I'm starting to get excited--and anxious. I'm trying to listen to my body and not overdo the training. I've read articles that say I should rest before a race and taper down my runs. So next week will probably be pretty light on the exercise.

According to weather.com, it's supposed to be overcast but not rainy today until after 1pm. That means I could run at lunch today. I'm waiting to see how my body feels. I don't feel as run down today as I did yesterday and I got a really good night's sleep.

Why do I hate Rest Days? Basically, I exercise so I can eat. When I take a day off, I tend to feel guilty for not working out. I haven't quite figured out how to NOT feel that way. I got a few books that I'm trying to read in hopes I can cure myself.

QUESTION: Do you feel guilty when you don't work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment