Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday's Run


Today's run was pretty good. Or at least, it got better. It started out rough. My knee was bothering me a bit. I'd taken about a week off from running to rest my knee after I banged it up two weeks ago. It loosened up the longer I ran today, but there was a moment when I first started where I considered going back to the office instead.

My legs felt like lead. I was eating a headwind the whole way, and I felt like I was running through water. I was starting to feel discouraged and worrying that my running hobby may be coming to an end....

And yet...it turned out to be one of my best runs time wise! Weird! 35 minutes to do 3.33 miles and I burned 440 calories. Woot!

Lunch today is leftover Annie's Organic Mac and Cheese (about 3/4 of a serving) and a bean salad I made.
Bean and Corn Salad
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can white kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can of corn (rinsed and drained)
Chopped cilantro (I think I added too much)
Salt & Pepper
Cumin
Chopped tomato
Minced Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

On a side note, one of my pet peeves I've developed along with my running...People who feel the need to comment on how BAD running is for you. FYI, runners know running is bad for the knees. And guess what? They decided to do it anyways! I can't tell you how many people say "Oh you shouldn't be running! It's so bad for you!" Yay yay yay. I'm gonna do it anyways, thanks. I try to protect my knees the best I can. I buy good shoes. I only run about 2 times a week. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to want to run an entire marathon. And there's a track in my neighborhood where I can run if I desire to escape the concrete. I do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment