Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saturday Hiking



Day Two of the vacation started with massages. It was preferred to do it at night but scheduling didn't allow it. I asked the masseuse to spend a lot of time on my lower body and she tried her best to get the kinks out of my legs. Apparently my quads and hamstrings were super tight. :( Not good! I really need to be stretching more. I think every day I should be stretching.

We went for a very nice hike along a river. Of course, I hadn't planned for the very nice weather in Bend and was wearing the wrong clothes. We ended up getting turned around and taking the long way back to the car. So an hour long hike turned into 2 1/2 hours.

We were all dead on our feet after that! We limped back to the car and drove to Bend where we had a really nice dinner at La Rosa. It was Mexican food and very tasty. We ate like we hadn't eaten in days!! I had burned 725 calories hiking and we hadn't eaten since breakfast = famished!

Back at the timeshare, Michael and headed to the hot tubs. It felt so nice on my sore, tired, overworked muscles. Then it was time for more games. We played a few games of Apples to Apples and then I crashed and slept like the dead!

Sunday morning, we ate a good breakfast and then did 18 holes on their Putt-Putt course! It took about 2 hours and we had a blast! I didn't count my calories while we played but I'm sure I burned enough. Lunch was Subway on our way out of town.

It was a fantastic weekend. I am still sick. I plan on resting as much as I can this week.

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a great trip! massages and hot tubs sound so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could do it every day, I would! :)

    ReplyDelete