Monday, March 8, 2010

Weigh In & Measurements

Today I weighed in for the first time since December. I am NOT happy with the number I saw.

I weigh EXACTLY what I weighed in December. What?!

*I've stopped taking a medication that I think is responsible for some of my weight gain.
*I've stopped drinking alcohol for over a month, and when I do drink it now I limit it to one or two servings once in awhile.
*I've been counting my calories again and being diligent with my food.
*I've been working out even harder to train for the upcoming Shamrock Run.

So what happened? I have no idea. Perhaps I have hit a plateau and need to be patient. Perhaps I am not eating the RIGHT foods. I need to sit down and look back at my food diary and see where I'm lacking. I've plateaued many, many times before in my journey to lose 100 pounds. I think this current Plateau is my body telling me that I need to have a better relationship with food.

"When our relationship to eating and food is out of balance, it is easy to be overcome with negative emotions. We may feel aversion to the sight of our body in the mirror, jealous toward people who can eat 'anything they want,' or anger towards ourselves for our inability to end our struggle with food and eating. What can we do to counteract these unhappy feelings? [Mindful Eating, pg 117]"

When I weighed 143 (my lowest weight), my life was very different. I ate a very limited diet and counted my calories. I ate a lot of Lean Cuisines. My diet was plain and boring. My exercise routine was swimming and the elliptical machine at the gym. Now I swim, run and do a weight routine. Perhaps the weights are adding weight to me.

UPDATE: Tonight after swimming I measured myself. Here are the numbers:

From 12/30/09:
Chest: 38 inches (which is weird since I wear a 34 bra)
Waist: 36 inches
Hips: 39 inches
Thighs: 22 inches

From 3/8/10:
Chest: 38 inches
Waist: 35 inches
Hips: 38 inches
Thighs: 22 inches

So I've lost about an inch around my middle section. That's something! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment