Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday Dinner and Monday's Update

AFTER RACE DINNER: PROTEIN!
Last night's dinner was fantastic! Michael made steak, I steamed some broccoli and added a little butter. Michael also made one of his specialties: potatoes and onions. It was a great meal and I think it was the perfect food after a race.  I also had a vodka tonic. YUM! :) It's been a long time and I figured I'd earned a treat!

I slept great last night. I did wake up once in the night and felt like I could barely move my legs! When I got up this morning, however, I wasn't quite as sore as I thought I would be. 

I checked the Shamrock Run website to see where I ranked. I was ranked #452 out of 635 for the 8k in the group "Female 30-34 Years Old Net Time". I wasn't too worried about my ranking. I was more concerned with reaching my personal goals (like not having to walk).

MONDAY
I had Cream of Wheat and 1/2 of a banana for breakfast today. I brought a Dannon vanilla greek yogurt and an orange for snack today. I'm going swimming tonight to help stretch out my sore legs!  So far I'm not feeling the time change. 

WHAT I LEARNED FROM THE 8K
  • I can do anything I set my mind to. Visualizing myself running the entire thing and NOT walking really did help keep me motivated!
  • Eating pasta the night before the race does amazing things!
  • Walking after the race keeps me from locking up entirely.
  • I will inevitably need to pee several times before the race starts. I need to get in the line EARLY!!
  • Running the hills in my neighborhood GREATLY prepared me for the hills on the Shamrock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment